Situated in the green lung of the historic old Barcelona, the Zoo first opened in 1892. Its facilities faithfully reproduce the natural habitat of the animal species that live there.
• Barcelona Zoo focuses its activities on three core themes: the dissemination of information, research and the protection of animal species in danger of extinction.
• The zoo is home to 4.000 animals from over 400 species including the descendants of the albino gorilla Snowflake, dolphins, tropical birds and reptiles.
• Barcelona Zoo offers a whole host of activities and services which make it the perfect day out for all the family: restaurants, bars, pony rides, miniature railway, electric cars, shop, picnic areas.
• Extensive selection of native flora.
Dolphin show: daily at 11.30am, 1.30pm and 4.30pm.
Barcelona Zoo opening times:
January 1st to March 26th: 10am – 5pm.
March 27th to May 15th: 10am – 6pm.
May 16th to September 15th: 10am – 7pm.
September 16th to October 29th: 10am – 6pm.
October 30th to December 31st*: 10am – 5pm.
25/ 12 open until 2pm.
Address: Parc de la Ciutadella s/n. Metro: L1-Arc de Triomf, L4-Ciutadella Vila Olímpica.
Ticket validity: 3 months from date of purchase.
- Barcelona Zoo for a fun family day out (barcelonacolours.wordpress.com)