The architect Antoni Gaudí lived for nearly twenty years in this building originally conceived as a show house for Park Güell. His father had bought it 1906, shortly before he died, and since then Gaudí and his niece had lived there.
Every morning, after saying his prayers, the architect walked to the church of La Sagrada Familia to direct the works. When his niece died in 1912, he was left alone in the house, but the Carmelite nuns helped him with the housework. Late in 1925, he moved definitely to the workshop at La Sagrada Familia in order to be able to follow the building from close up.
Gaudí died in 1926 and, after being used for various purposes, the house was converted into the Gaudí house-museum in 1963. Today it contains a collection of objects designed by him and the rooms are open to visitors.
The house-museum is located into the Park Güell. You can arrive by metro (L3 stop Lesseps) or by bus (number 24, 92, 74 and 116). Our B&B are really close from the metro and bus 24 to arrive easy and fast to Park Güell
From October to March: 10:00hs to 18:00hs
From April to September: 10:00 to 20:00hs
More info at: